Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sweet (Ah-choo) Mysteries of Life


Ah-choo!  Sweet mystery of sneeze, at last I’ve found thee
Ah-choo!  I know at last the secret of it all
All the sniffing, coughing, dripping, swelling, burning
The sneezing chokes and tissues that are fall.

For these burning lids, the swollen eyes are seeking
Less pollen in the air, less sinus drain,
For as bright asters in the fields are blooming
the burning hope for victims is some rain.

Asters. Not the Astors of New York, but the asters of the meadow. Golden rod, it looks too cheery and it makes so many of us weepy.  One of life's great mysteries.  And once I thought of this song yesterday and started to noodle about parody lyrics, I couldn't get it out of my head.  Maybe if I pass it along, I can banish it from my brain.

No comments: